FACT SHEET FOR TONY ABBOTT, AKA OUR PRIME MINISTEREdit
- An extremely long list highlighting Tony's character from 1976 to 2013
- Tony Abbott's Questions of Character - full list with links to be included
- Classic Class War Bloopers - Quiz on which party wages a better class war
- 16 quotes from Tony Abbott to remind you why he shouldn't be Prime Minister
- Tony and Ponies
- Tony Abbott looking at things
- Tony Abbott's latest 15 lies - lies from one speech all debunked with links
- Opposition, too, has has promises to keep (Abbott, 2007)
- About the Costa Concordia which sank off the coast of Italy, killing 11 and injuring 64: "Well that was one boat that did get stopped, wasn't it,"
- The first recorded instance of the F-word in English
- Tony Abbott: an unserious man
TONY ABBOTT ON IMMIGRATION
- He says that all boat people are un-christian queue jumpers
- He wants to send all asylum seeker boats back to where they came from
- However, he was laughed at by the Navy when he promised them as a glorified tug boat service
TONY ABBOTT ON FINANCES
- He delivers a shadow budget with a 10 billion dollar black hole and costs a Nauru-type solution from a catering company
- He will remove super co-contributions for the poor and keep tax concessions for the rich.
TONY ABBOTT ON EDUCATION
TONY ABBOTT ON EMPLOYMENT
- He once said that the highly unpopular workchoices is dead
- Nahhh just kidding, he will be bringing it back
- Tony wants to eliminate welfare for people under 30.
TONY ABBOTT ON THE ENVIRONMENT
- He continues to be unconvinced on climate change
- But wait, he believed in a carbon tax
- Even his beloved Howard had plans for a carbon tax
- Oh wait nah he didn't really mean that
TONY ABBOTT ON INDIGENOUS AUSTRALIANS
- He isn’t sure what role aboriginal people should have in our society, perhaps its picking up rubbish?
TONY ABBOTT ON THE LADIES
- He does not believe women should have the right to an abortion because it is a convenient and easy way out, and every abortion is a ‘tragedy’
- He does not believe women should be equally represented in the workforce
- Maybe they should stay at home and do housework
- He denied women the choice a safer and less invasive version of a medical procedure that was already legal, acting against the recommendations of the Australian Medical Association, because of his own morals and his need to personally dictate what women do with their uterus.
- On the emergency contraceptive pill: Abbott wanted to ensure that Postinor-2 was "not just something that people go and take like they might take a vitamin tablet if they think they are getting sick".
TONY ABBOTT THE FAMILY MAN
- He won’t get his daughters vaccinated for cervical cancer and doesn’t mind if he is perceived as evil for it
- And he thinks his daughter’s virginity is a gift to give away (but not lightly)
TONY ABBOTT ON TAXES
- "We stand for lower, simpler, fairer taxes, not great big new taxes that damage Australia's economy, not great big new taxes that are yet another hit on the cost of living of struggling Australian families."
- "The Coalition will end the waste, repay the debt, stop the big new taxes and, above all else, stop the boats."
- "The one thing that (people) will never have to suffer under a Coalition government is an unnecessary new tax, a tax that could easily be replaced by savings found from the budget."
- "There is one fundamental message that we want to go out from this place to every nook and cranny of our country: There should be no new tax collection without an election."
- "I have often said, and members of this House will no doubt hear me say it again, there should be no new tax collection without an election"
- "I say to this Prime Minister: There should be no new tax collection without an election."
- "Our objective can be stated quite simply and quite clearly. It is lower taxes, better services, more opportunities to work and, above all else, stronger borders."
- "What you'll get under us are tax cuts without new taxes"
- So, on behalf of the Liberal-National coalition, I assert these fundamental truths: ... people who work hard and put money aside so they will not be a burden on others should be encouraged, not hit with higher taxes"
- "Taxes will always be lower under a Coalition government"
- "The only party which is going to increase taxes after the election is the Labor Party."
- "The only party that will raise taxes after the election is the Labor Party."
- "I am determined not to increase the overall tax burden. I am absolutely determined not to increase the overall tax burden on anyone."
- "There will be no overall increase in the tax burden whatsoever."
- "Now I say the tax burden isn't going to increase. Well, we are going to abolish the carbon tax, abolish the mining tax, we will reduce the company tax – of course the overall tax burden is going to go down."
- "I want to make it absolutely crystal clear that our objective when the fiscal circumstances are right, is to lower all taxes. We want to lower all taxes. We really are the party of lower, simpler, fairer taxes – look at our record in government."
TONY ABBOTT ON HIMSELF
- We shouldn’t believe everything he says
- But wait, isn’t this election about trust?
- Well, at least that’s what he copied from what Howard said in 2004
THE COALITION ON TONY ABBOTT
THE WORLD ACCORDING TO TONY ABBOTT
- House arrest = opposition leader
- Leaky boats vs Australian Navy = War
- Soldiers dying = shit happening
- Terrorists = baddies
- Terrorists who kill other terrorists = Goodies? No, baddies. Wait...
- Highly skilled naval personnel mistakenly sailing into Indonesian territorial waters = Test cricketers occasionally drop catches
- Australian Building and Construction Commission = tough cop on the beat
- morning-after pill = something that people go and take like they might take a vitamin tablet if they think they are getting sick
- his daughter’s virginity = a gift to give away (but not lightly)
- Russia = bully
TONY'S LIST OF BEST FRIENDS